Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Swing


I close my eyes, swing my legs,

and pump my arms.

As I gain flight, the wind

flows through my hair,

and I feel you.



I feel you grabbing a hold of me,

your arms feeling lovely

around my body, touching

Every part of me.

Subconsciously, I let go of a smile.





As I fly backward,

I feel your kiss

on my neck,

behind my ear,

on my lips, and

Eye lids.



When I come back forward,

I lose my breath,

The same way I do

whenever you approach me,

before you ever touch me.

It’s the feeling of anticipation.

The feeling is unbelievable.



The higher I get,

The more I hear your voice,

hear you coaching me

through this experience.



“Can you feeling that?

Can you feeling me,”

You ask.

I feel you.

It’s like you have touched me

With your mind.



Then I open my eyes.

I am no longer

swinging my legs

or pumping my arms.

You are in front on me,

Smiling, so beautifully.



I return the smile,

Grab your hand,

kiss your lips.

“I think I love swinging,”

I tell you.

You chuckle, say,

“I knew you would.”

No comments:

Post a Comment